Stuart Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect Attorneys
It’s not always obvious when a loved one is being neglected or abused in a nursing home. This is why a significant number of these cases are believed to go unreported. Neglect and other forms of mistreatment might not leave physical marks, and some residents are afraid or unable to report abuse. If you suspect an aging loved one received substandard care in a nursing home, contact our nursing home abuse attorneys in Stuart for a free consultation.
At Donaldson & Weston, we have assisted hundreds of clients in high-stakes personal injury and wrongful death cases. Our lawyers are well versed in the laws that govern elder care in Florida, and we will tirelessly fight to help your family obtain the justice and compensation you deserve. Call 772-266-5555 to speak with a member of our team.
Our Stuart Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys Handle a Wide Array of Cases
The five kinds of nursing home abuse are physical, sexual, emotional, financial, and neglectful. Each kind has its own warning signs, but there are also some general red flags you can look for every time you visit an aging loved one. Our attorneys accept cases that involve all kinds of nursing home abuse and neglect including:
- Poor Hygiene: Many seniors need help with bathing and grooming. If these residents are neglected by nursing staff, their personal hygiene will suffer.
- Unsanitary Living Conditions: Rooms in long-term care facilities can be small, which means clutter is likely, but they should still be relatively clean. Visible messes, foul odors, and dirty clothes warrant an investigation into living conditions at the home.
- Unexplained Injuries: Unexplained bruises, welts, lacerations, or broken bones are serious red flags that could be signs of physical or sexual abuse.
- Bedsores: Bedsores are a clear sign that the nursing home staff is not attending to patients as often as they should.
- Malnutrition: If your loved one is not getting three balanced meals a day—or the help needed to eat them—he or she will suffer from malnutrition and experience a gradual decline in health.
- Changes in Demeanor: Victims of any kind of abuse may exhibit dramatic changes in their personality and behavior. Withdrawing from friends and becoming depressed are common symptoms.
Call Today for a Free Consultation with a Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
If you recently discovered that your loved one has been mistreated at a long-term care facility, turn to Donaldson & Weston. Our consistently superior results demonstrate our commitment to excellence in every personal injury case we handle. Call 772-266-5555 or fill out our Contact Form to schedule a free consultation with one of the leading nursing home neglect lawyers in Stuart.