Who pays for my injuries if I am injured in a Florida car accident?

Who pays for my injuries if I am injured in a Florida car accident? | Donaldson & Weston | Dante Weston | Fighting For You | We Represent People Just Like You. Not Big Businesses. Not Insurance Companies | https://dwpersonalinjurylaw.com/ | 311 SE Ocean Blvd., Stuart, Florida 34994 – (772) 266-5555 | 515 N Flagler Dr., Suite P-300, West Palm Beach, Florida 33401 – (561) 299-3999

If you’re injured in a Florida automobile accident there could be multiple layers of insurance and therefore multiple sources of payment. The first layer of insurance is the no fault insurance, also known as personal injury protection. That’s actually your own insurance and that covers up to $10,000 of your medical treatment or $10,000 of lost wages.

The next place that we look for coverage is the bodily injury coverage or the actual person that caused the accident or the owner of the vehicle that caused the accident. We look at their insurance. That’s bodily injury and that’s the next layer of coverage.

Finally, we look at UM insurance. There could be multiple sources of UM insurance as well. We look at the host vehicle. If you were driving someone else’s vehicle when you were injured we can look at the host vehicle uninsured motorist coverage or we could actually look at your own uninsured motorist coverage. Potentially there could be five or even six sources of insurance and five sources of recovery for your case.