What if I’ve been out of work due to my Florida car accident? Who will pay me my lost wages or salary?

In the state of Florida, if you’ve been involved in a car accident and you’ve missed time from work, you do have the right to recover lost wages, salary or the future loss of earning capacity, which would be lost wages moving into the future. The first place that we look to recover lost wages is actually your own insurance company under the no fault insurance no fault statute, also referred to as PIP or personal injury protection.

Basically the way that works is it covers up to $10,000 of lost wages at a rate of 60% of your actual wages. If that’s tapped out and that’s run out then we look to bodily injury coverage next as well as uninsured motorist coverage, which is again through your own insurance company. There are plenty of sources for you to recover the wages that you’ve lost as a result of the accident.