Should I seek medical treatment if I was injured in a slip and fall?

If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall or premises liability case in the state of Florida, you should seek treatment. You should go get medical treatment, of course if you’re injured. If you’re not injured, obviously you don’t need to seek the treatment of a doctor. However, if you are you should go see a doctor.

We get the question all the time, “How do I know if there’s insurance available?” “I don’t have health insurance,” “I don’t have Medicare,” “I don’t have Medicaid, I don’t have any way to pay for this medical treatment.” I can tell you from personal experience in handling literally thousands of premises liability cases in the state of Florida the vast majority of stores, offices, of parking lots etc have liability insurance in place at the time of these accidents. They’re typically $1 million. That’s the most common amount of coverage that we see.

In addition, although there is no guarantee, many of these stores, offices, places open to the public they have what’s called medical payment insurance, or MedPay Insurance. Basically regardless of fault, the fact that just someone was injured on their property it will provide some sort of coverage to help pay for the medical treatment.

If you’re injured, it’s always a good idea to seek counsel of a doctor, get checked out, make sure you’re okay, hire an experienced attorney and then they can help make sure that there’s insurance available for you.