A year ago I was hurt in an accident, but I now need surgery and the insurance company has closed their file. Can I sue?

Absolutely. You do have the right to sue even if an insurance company has closed their file. Certain insurance companies have different policies. Some have a specific period of time that if it goes by, they’ll close the file; however, that does not mean that the statute of limitations or the time duration that you have to sue on your case has elapsed. As a result, we recommend that you hire an experienced personal injury attorney. If you need surgery, and the doctor’s recommending it, and you think it’s a good idea, we absolutely recommend that you have it, and then you can file a lawsuit, and reach your recovery.