How am I supposed to get back and forth while my car is in the shop after a Florida car accident?

If you’re involved in an automobile accident in Florida, and your car’s in the shop, and you’re having difficulty with transportation, you can look at your own insurance policy, to determine if you have rental car coverage. That’s one coverage that’s very important, that covers you for rental car expenses if you’re involved in an accident and you need transportation. If you’re not, then you can actually look at the other party’s insurance company. If they have insurance, in the state of Florida they’re required to have property damage insurance, or PD insurance, and what that covers is not only the repairs to your vehicle, but also the rental car expense that you may require for your transportation.