Palm Beach County Personal Injury Attorneys
From attending doctor’s visits to taking time off work to avoiding strenuous activities, the aftermath of a serious injury is never easy. The adversity can be especially difficult to bear when you know that another person’s negligent or careless behavior is to blame. Our personal injury attorneys in Palm Beach County have seen firsthand just how traumatic a sudden accident can be on the victims and their loved ones, and we are ready to help you fight for the compensation you need to get your life back.
Our lawyers can gather evidence, determine the value of your damages, and use proven legal strategies to pursue the highest settlement possible. If the opposing party refuses to cooperate, we will relish the opportunity to represent you at trial. To discuss your case in a free, no-obligation consultation, call our office today at 772-266-5555.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Palm Beach County, Florida
- Motorbike Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Auto Accidents Involving Drunk Drivers
- Boating Injuries
- Pharmacy Mistakes
- Civil Assault
- Elder Neglect
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Nursing Home Neglect
- Bike Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injuries
How Soon After My Injury Should I Call an Accident Attorney?
Your first stop after leaving the scene of your injury should be a hospital or clinic. You will need an official diagnosis in order to recover compensation for healthcare costs, lost income, and other damages. Getting this diagnosis right away is critical because if too much time passes between your injury and the doctor’s examination, the insurer might say that your condition isn’t as severe as you’re claiming, that it was caused by something else, or that your own negligence has aggravated your injuries or prolonged your recovery.
Immediately after your first doctor’s visit, you should contact a personal injury lawyer in Palm Beach County. This, again, is a task you should complete right away. Essential evidence that might contribute to the strength of your claim could be time-sensitive. It is even possible that the liable party will alter or destroy evidence that’s in their possession. The sooner your attorney is able to perform the investigation, the better the chance that such evidence will still be available.
Another reason to speak with a lawyer as soon as possible is so your legal team can take over all dialogue between you and the opposing party. The insurance company will want to conduct an investigation of their own, which will almost certainly involve getting a statement from you. Claims adjusters often use coercive strategies to get injured parties to provide statements that can be used to dispute liability or damages. The bottom line—you should never speak to anyone affiliated with the insurance company or the defendant. Rather, you should leave all such correspondence to your lawyer so you don’t provide any statements that can be used against you.
Giving a statement to the insurer is just one of several mistakes you could make that have the potential to derail your case. During your first meeting with an attorney, you can find out the steps you should take and the errors you must avoid to give your claim the best possible chance of resulting in a fair payout. This, again, is a reason to consult a lawyer right away.
What Qualities Set Donaldson & Weston Apart from Other Personal Injury Law Firms?
There’s no shortage of law firms in Palm Beach County that accept personal injury cases, but not all attorneys have the experience, resources, or competence to provide exceptional representation. And there are all sorts of cases that fall under the umbrella of personal injury law, each with nuances pertaining to their case law, statutes, and procedures.
It’s important that you hire a well-credentialed attorney who has a track record of success in claims that are similar to yours. At Donaldson & Weston, we have won many six- and seven-figure settlements and verdicts in cases of varying complexity. With decades of combined experience, our lawyers have encountered and overcome just about every kind of complication and dispute that can arise during these proceedings.
Read on to learn about a few more qualities that separate our practice from other personal injury law firms in Palm Beach County:
- A Reputation for Aggressive Advocacy: An attorney’s reputation can have a major impact on whether the opposing party cooperates. If you hire a lawyer who is never willing to go to trial, the insurance company might be motivated to take a hardline during settlement negotiations. At Donaldson & Weston, we have developed a reputation as aggressive litigators who relish the opportunity to go to trial. We prepare every case for court, even if a settlement seems to be the most likely outcome.
- A Commitment to Being Accessible: Many attorneys underestimate the importance of providing a comfortable client experience. As a client of Donaldson & Weston, you will have a direct line of contact to your lawyer, and you will be regularly updated on the progress of your case. This can make the proceedings far less stressful on you and your family.
- Hundreds of Clients Helped: Our lawyers have represented hundreds of clients in personal injury and wrongful death cases. We know the most effective strategies to employ at every stage of the proceedings.
- A Limited Caseload: Winning a personal injury case may require thousands of hours of research, investigations, and negotiations. Lawyers who take on too many claims at once do not have the time to devote to each case they handle. Our personal injury attorneys in Palm Beach County purposefully limit their caseload so each client receives the individual attention they deserve.
Speak with a Personal Injury Lawyer in Palm Beach County Today
Our law firm accepts cases on a contingency fee basis, so if we don’t win your case through a settlement or trial verdict, you won’t have to pay any attorney’s fees. We also provide free consultations, so you have nothing to lose by speaking to one of our legal professionals. Call 772-266-5555 or use our Contact Form to schedule a free case review.