- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1977: President Student Bar Association; Honor Council
- B.S., Yale University, 1972
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
- Florida Bar: Member Since 1977
Achievements & Accolades
- Full time trial and appellate practice since 1977.
- Board certified as a civil trial specialist by the Florida Bar since 1996.
- Tried more than 100 civil cases to verdict in suits involving personal injury and wrongful death, medical and legal malpractice, premises liability, assaults, animal attacks, Dram Shop (liquor) liability, breach of contract, negligent security, bad faith insurance claim handling and defective products.
- Briefed and argued dozens of reported appellate cases including: Fieldhouse v. Public Health Trust, 374 So.2d 476 (Fla. 1979); Sun Tech v. Fortune Personnel Agency, 412 So.2d 962 (Fla. 4th DCA 1982); Stahl v. Metropolitan Dade County, 438 So.2d 14 (Fla. 3d DCA 1983); Higdon v. Metropolitan Dade County, 446 So.2d 203 (Fla. 3d DCA 1984); Georgia American Insurance Co. v. Rios, 491 So.2d 1290 (Fla. 2d DCA 1986); Reynolds v. Dade County School Board, 621 So.2d 748 (Fla. 3d DCA 1993); New Hampshire Ins. Co. v. Oliver, 730 So.2d 700 (Fla. 4th DCA 1999); and Jones v. Williams Pawn and Gun, 800 So.2d 267 (Fla. 4th DCA 2001).
- Student Bar Association President - University of Miami School of Law.
- Intern law clerk for Judge C. Clyde Atkins of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
- Member of several local, state and national trial lawyer organizations, including the bi-partisan American Board of Trial Advocates.
- Past chairman of a 19th Judicial Circuit Bar Grievance Committee.
- Past president of the Martin County Bar Association (MCBA).
- Established the MCBA’s annual golf tournament to benefit the association’s scholarship fund for outstanding local high school seniors.
- Mentored many young lawyers regarding civil litigation and trial practice.
- Author: The Judge’s Lawyer (2020) (fictional account of a young lawyer’s legal experiences in post-Mariel Miami)
- Author: The Flower Man’s Daughter (2010) (fictional account of a rookie CIA officer’s experiences in Chile during the military coup that overthrew socialist President Salvador Allende).