What if I sue and am awarded damages in my Florida car accident case? Will I have to reimburse my health insurer for any bills they paid for my care?

This is one of the main reasons we recommend hiring an experienced personal injury attorney if you’re involved in an automobile accident. There could be liens on your case if you reach a recovery. In Florida, if you reach a recovery for your case, those liens may go into effect at that very moment. You could have health insurance liens, Medicare, Medicaid liens, VA liens, workers’ comp liens, or even MedPay liens from your own insurance company. As a result of you reaching a settlement on your case, you now owe them the money that they’ve paid on your behalf for your injuries. Absolutely, they could have a right of reimbursement or subrogation for that money.