I was hit by a stationary automobile which was rear-ended while waiting for me to cross the road. Who can I sue in Florida?

In the state of Florida if you’ve been involved in a pedestrian accident while walking, usually through a crosswalk, when one vehicle hits a stationary vehicle and forces both vehicles in to you, causing you injury, you have to right to sue potentially one if not both of those vehicles.

Obviously the vehicle who rear ended the stationary vehicle is most likely going to be mostly at fault, and that’s just common sense. They’re the ones that caused the accident. However, if the stationary vehicle stopped too short and didn’t leave enough space in front of it for you to cross, they may also be responsible.

In addition you may be able to file a claim against your own insurance company, assuming you have what’s called UM, uninsured motorist or under insured motorist coverage.

So we recommend seeking the counsel of an experienced personal injury attorney to help decide who to go after.