Can I be treated by my own doctor if I was hurt in a car accident?

If you’ve been hurt in car accident you do have the right to treat with your own doctor or any doctor for that matter. However, one thing that you have to keep in mind is that the primary source of insurance or coverage for purposes of your medical treatment is going to be your PIP or no-fault insurance. As a result it’s important that whatever doctor you decide to treat with following an accident, make sure that that doctor accepts your automobile insurance as a form of payment because that’s the insurance that’s going to be primary for your first medical treatment.